Communication and Networking for Swarms Robotics
The 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Communication and Networking for Swarms Robotics is organized in conjunction with IEEE CCNC 2023 – IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference.
Call for Papers
Recent advances in the field of telecommunications and electronics have led to the proliferation of autonomous robots in numerous novel application fields, from emergency situations to military applications, from infrastructure inspection to ambient monitoring services, where the utilization of multiple robots is essential in order to accomplish the desired task. Recent works have demonstrated the challenges of coordinating multiple robots in order to deploy robot networks with self-configuration and self-healing capabilities to guarantee service continuity, also in case of failures.
Starting from the unique requirements of a multi robot system, Swarm Robotics is a complex approach that requires an understanding of how to define distributed systems to define self-organization behaviors. Swarm Robotics studies how to make robots collaborate and collectively solve a task where every robot contributes to the general task sharing the same higher-level objectives. To this end, communication wireless networks must be specifically designed in order to support the cooperation and collaboration inside the swarm.
This workshop invites original research articles and review articles that focus on communication networking problems in swarm robotics. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Communication Models and Protocols for Swarm Robotics
- Delay-Tolerant Applications for Swarm Robotics
- Fog and Edge Computing in Swarm Robotics
- 5G, beyond 5G, and 6G Integration with Swarm Robotics
- Satellite and Space Communications for Swarm Robotics
- Integration of Unmanned Aerial, Ground, and Underwater Vehicles in Swarm Robotics
- Localization, Navigation, and Dynamic Path Planning in Swarm Robotics
- Cooperative Control of Multiple Robots
- Security and Privacy in Swarm Robotics
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and the Web of Things (WoT) in Swarm Robotics
- Swarm Intelligence and Nature-Inspired Algorithm in Swarm Robotics
- Artificial Intelligence Applications in Swarm Robotics
- Continual Learning and Adaptation for Swarm Robotics
- Novel applications for Swarm Robotics